Sunday, March 26, 2006

Hiatus

Consider it all joy, my brothers, when YOU meet with various trials, knowing as YOU do that this tested quality of YOUR faith works out endurance. But let endurance have its work complete, that YOU may be complete and sound in all respects, not lacking in anything. - James 1:2-4

Well my difficulties persist and this blog will still hang out in limbo until some issues get resolved. But I'm feeling quite good tonight so I just wanted to pop in here and update a wee-bit.

Our Heavenly Father is absolutely wonderful! You never know how much He'll carry you along and sustain you until you absolutely get down and out and have nowhere to go and no way to move. I have trials and I feel nothing but joy right now. Hopefully it is building endurance because as Jesus tells us at Luke 21:19 "By endurance on your part you will save your souls."

I'm keeping busy in study. I fell into the book of Exodus a couple of days back and haven't left. It is absolutely amazing the level of detail that lurks just under the surface of these Bible accounts. The incident with the golden calf is very, very provocative. So many questions to ponder and hopefully get some answers.

I just wanted to post this and let you all know that I'm doing good and have never been happier despite it all! The loss that I'm experiencing right now is absolutely staggering but I feel like Paul who wrote, "On account of [Jesus] I have taken the loss of all things and I consider them as a lot of refuse, that I may gain Christ" (Phillipians 3:8) And as Jesus tells us at Mark 8:34-36, "If anyone wants to come after me, let him disown himself and pick up his torture stake and follow me continually. For whoever wants to save his sould will lose it; but whoever loses his soul for the sake of me and the good news will save it. Really, of what benefit is it for a man to gain the whole world and to forfeit his soul?"

My love to all the holy ones scattered about outside the camp.

Hang on we are going to win in the end.

Yours in Christ Jesus our Lord,

Anthony

No comments: