Monday, June 07, 2004

secretly suspect

Can I explain this? I feel dangerous . . .

It's all lucid.

Today was pretty productive.

I feel ambitious.

I feel young. I'm not.

I fed the fish.

I washed the dishes.

I read portions of my novel. (I love it, flaws and all).

I'm eating good. I'm running.

Oh yes, I'm running and I'll steal from myself and say this:

"Am I running towards something, or away from something?"

I'm drinking wheat beer with lemon.

I'm secretly suspect.

I'm dangerous.


Melissa Auf der Maur playing. It wasn't because the music was particularly good but it just seemed like a return to the kind of music I used to enjoy. Do you remember the whole Women in Rock trend? You had the Breeders, Juliana Hatfield, Hole, Veruca Salt, Belly, Throwing Muses etc. Over the last few years radio rock has been pretty male. All agression and jumping around the stage. Just so much overboard theatrics. Auf der Maur was still rock and somewhat spectacle (How can you not be when you look like Melissa.) but at the same time they reminded me of the 90's. I'm so old that I'm looking back at the good ole' days of music. Pathetic.

Rebekah is in Florida right now so my house is empty. But y'know something. I like it. I love it. I'm better off alone. Give me solitary confinement. It's sad.

No comments: