Monday, August 29, 2005

Am I Dead Or Asleep On The Sofa?

Speed and Sleep:

I am having really bizarre sleeping patterns. I used to be right asleep at 10:00-10:30pm. That has become 12:00am, 1, 2, 3. I feel fairly energized though as if I'm "plugged in" for lack of a better word.

I know there is this idea that we are waiting on Jehovah to settle affairs on Earth but more and more I get the impression He is waiting on us. Like He is a mile ahead of all us and saying come on, hurry up, finish this work so we can get on with the real life. I feel like there simply is not enough time for what needs to get done to get done - and if I could spend 24 hours reading and studying the Bible and tending to the congregation and preaching the word that it would still be insufficient.

Katrina:

My prayers to everyone that is affected by this disaster. It is really horrible to have to consider this.

Earlier this year the Pentagon released a report speculating about the increased upheaval of society resulting from global warming. They consider a world on the brink of collapse and embroiled in war, famine, disease, and natural disaster. (True believers does that list sound familiar?)

It easy to say, "get used to it." But there is simply no getting used to these type of things. "Getting used to it" carries a certain level of acceptance. We cannot accept these things since they shouldn't be. So-called natural disasters are very unnatural in relationship to the original divine purpose. (Dying of natural causes is a lie.)

These things are only going to get worse. We need to start making preperations. Store up treasures in heaven. Build your faith on a rock mass. Develop a close relationship with your Heavenly Father.

We are so very, very close.

Kristin Hersh:

In my last entry I pointed out Kristin Hersh's new blog. Well no sooner do I provide that link she comes out on this tirade against Intelligent Design. So I'm sorry if I pointed anyone in the wrong direction. The argument to me seems silly but I may just be ignorant. I make no concession that after examing different pieces of "evidence" that I am a staunch creation apologist. But what I question is this notion that my personal beliefs are acting as some sort of restraint for scientific advancement. I deny this idea that if people like me would just embrace evolution then science can march unhindered into a dazzling newage of miracles and understanding.

CSS:

I pulled my hair out designing the new 6a2 site to the point where I have officially given up on HTML tables. I have started a new project and am attempting to learn CSS. It requires a different way of thinking about things but the end results seem much more pleasing as CSS Zen Garden gives fine testimony of. The site is interesting in that it has hundreds(?) of different designs based on the same content. Oh so good.

No comments: