Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Of Note

My sister passed this on to me this morning and I'm passing it on to you.

Tonight @ 7:00pm eastern, CNN is airing a special program called After Jesus. It promotes itself as a look at the first Christians and the history of the Church. Church history fascinates me so I'll take a look.

Also ...

Kristin Hersh does guest blog entries at Powells from time to time. I just had a chance to take a look at her December 15th entry Vodka and Chocolate. It was very touching piece about loss and love. Kristin humbly denies that she is a writer but these entries reveal such a talent. Would it be wrong to suggest she put down her guitar for a spell and pick up a pen? These days I find her writings to be more compelling than her music. Though I certainly won't hesitate to pick up her new album Learn to Sing Like a Star when it comes out in January.

No comments: