Friday, April 06, 2007

Memorial Observance 2007



This picture was taken at the cabin where I and a few others celebrated the annual observance of the Lord's Supper on the night it was originally instituted, Nisan 14 on the Jewish calendar. It was a wonderful time of communion and fellowship that lasted to the wee hours of the morning. No one felt like going back to our individual cabin rooms so we just ended up crashing on the living room floor in down comforters, the candlelight dancing in the darkness. It felt like home and family.

I was reminded of this promise that Jesus made me,

"I tell you the truth, there is no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for my sake and for the sake of the gospel who will not receive in this age a hundred times as much – homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children, fields, all with persecutions – and in the age to come, eternal life." - Mark 10:29,30

I can say this ...

I have everything. I lack for nothing.

This time last year I was being disfellowshipped and it was hard and it felt like such a loss; but, really in comparison I've lost nothing and gained everything - including life.

That's the trick - you have to be willing to lose it all to gain what you need. For every one you'll have to temporarily leave behind you'll get so many more in return.

With His Love,

Anthony

2 comments:

Reporter said...

I thoroughly enjoy reading your blog. I am a Jehovah's Witness, recently 'born from above' after a long journey. Your experiences are a real inspiration. Thanks.

Anthony said...

Thank you. I'm just doing the best I can to follow after him and not trip on my own two feet. :-)

How exciting about your being 'born from above'! As you say you've had a long journey to this point. Just wait - things will get weird and wonderful from this point onward!

See you in His Kingdom friend!