Monday, January 16, 2006

Funny Little Frog

I spent the weekend watching the video for 'Funny Little Frog', the 1st single from the forthcoming Belle and Sebastian album The Life Pursuit. The song is really, really sweet (in the puppy dog sense) and catchy and the video is pretty fun as well. Best line from the song, "I never forget you in my prayers. I never have a bad thing to report."

Also ran across a little blurb for the next generation LEGO Mindstorms line. Mindstorms are a really techy lego component that allows one to literally build and program robots. The new LEGO Mindstorms NXT unit is all tricked out with improved touch sensors, improved optics (It "sees" in colour), and new sound sensors. Best of all the NXT is Mac compatible! If only they had this sort of thing out when I was a kid. And speaking of LEGO, Mina constructed the LEGO version of the New Heavens and New Earth - funny.

Last night I caught the last half of Central do Brasil (Central Station) on IFC. It was cute story set in Brazil about a woman, Dora, who was helping a boy, Josue, find his father after his mother was killed. The characterizations were sharp and natural and toward the end you get a good inside peek at Maryolatry. Interesting. Rebekah disliked the ending because it was "bittersweet". Of course I like that sort of thing.

This isn't really much of an update - I know. The only thing else I can say is that I must of have been half-asleep this morning when I got dressed. I just noticed that I'm wearing two different shoes.

No comments: