Monday, July 17, 2006

Praise

I'm feeling OK - mentally. (Physically my stomach is hurting.)

Today seems to be starting out as one of those days where I should just stay on my knees cause I keep wanting to pray.

Thank you Father for every good gift you have given me. Thank you for your mercy. Thank you for not giving up on me.

Yesterday Mina and I went to eat and then went to the store for some groceries. It was a nice time. She is getting a lot more pleasant these days. Is it growing up or training?

Rebekah and I have been giving lots of spiritual attention to Mina. I'll read a Bible story to her before I go to bed. Rebekah has been reading out of the Gospel of John with her. Admittedly their study is a little more in depth. Rebekah tells me they looked up some information together on the Pool of Siloam. We have enjoyed saying a nightly prayer together as a family and praying before meals.

Really though we are just trying to plant a seed and water it and so God can make it grow. (1 Cor 3:6)

I hate to keep harping on the past; however it just amazes me how different things have become. We used to hardly ever pray together. Now it is our habit and we even pray in public before meals whereas before we would've been too embarrassed. Also with personal Bible reading - it used to be like pulling teeth to stick to a Bible reading program but now it just such a welcomed part of our lives. Again with studying God's word with Mina we could never seem to get a routine of doing it once a week and now it is more or less nightly.

I know when the Elders disfellowshipped me they assumed that my spirituality would suffer. They actually told me as much. They were so wrong. I guess it is that they cannot imagine any relationship to God without the Watchtower Society. But as I told them in one of my judicial meetings I feel like I'm tapped directly into God through his son Jesus. So whether I'm worshiping here or there I'm still in contact with my heavenly Father. As it is written:

"Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshipers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for, indeed, the Father is looking for suchlike ones to worship him. " - John 4:23

And I don't say this as if I'm looking for justification. It is more of joy, peace, and happiness that I feel like sharing this morning.

Again,

Thank you Holy Father. Thank you for this powerful work you are doing in my life. Thank you for allowing me to come to know you through your son Jesus.

No comments: