Friday, February 13, 2004

Slip, sliding away

I don't know if I'm langouring in the usual depression or what. I just can't shake the feeling that the world around me is going to hell in a handbasket. I guess to some extent that I expected it but then you see it happening and it is kind of eerie. The odd thing about it is that it's kind of subtle. There is has always been a state of advancing from "bad to worse" but it seems accelerated these days. Like a train gaining momentum right before derailment.

I woke up this morning into a world where religion didn't matter and to still be carrying on like it does makes you really conspicuous, old-fashioned, fanatical. But I'm sticking with it because it just makes sense. The thing I like about being in the truth is that everything is explained. On a certain level I guess it appeals to the heart but it's the logic of it that really keeps me in. You can hold the truth up like a transparency sheet over the world's affairs and you see it for what it is. It's like a secret decoder ring that unlocks everything, past, present, and future.

--

The good news is that it is Friday. What's on the agenda for the weekend? More meatballs (this time Spanish), more music (hopefully finish the "pop" song), field service (need to get back on that horse), shopping for glasses (for Rebekah and me), and maybe work a little on the new novel.

No comments: