Thursday, February 12, 2004

there and back again

I'm getting back in the swing of things after being gone. The worst thing about vacation is coming back and feeling like everything has changed. It also imbues in me a sort of "what am I doing here I should be opening a restaurant" sort of malaise.

I got to try out my new santoku knife last night and made some really great food that Rebekah refused to eat because of the fennel. I made beef and Italian sausage meatballs, with onions and tomatoes. Then I made pasta. The sauce was an off the cuff deal made with garlic, onions, baby portabellos, merlot, tomatoes, and roasted red pepper. I usually suck at marinara sauces but this one turned out to be pretty good. (I cut my finger with the aforementioned santoku knife while trying to cut off the seal on the aforementioned merlot.)

Brandon came over since we had missed the Monday session. We have three songs in the works as well as the redo of Athens that we never got around to. Rather then focus on one song we kind of added bits and pieces to them. We are moving along but I'd rather be done.

No comments: