Monday, September 19, 2005

Broken

Friday morning I got the call:

"Anthony you'd better come in early. The computer systems are down".

Overnight the we had a lightning storm and the system had failed. I spent all-day trying to get it going again and I came up short. So I threw myself out at Saturday and finally got it to go ... barely ... slowly.

The machine's a mess. The tape backup drive is failing.

I hope a new machine is in the budget cause we are going to need one ...

--

Friday night I got in beat down and stressed. Rebekah, bless her heart, went out and got me some taquitos and a six-pack of Negra Modelo. That made things beter. Comfort food.

--

Saturday we took Mina out - lunch, book store, Toys-r-Us, City Museum. The City Museum is fun anytime but at night it gets so much better (and cheaper). We happened to bump into fellow Nucleargopher/Band Kids labelmate Nathan. What a surprise that was! We exchanged numbers. Hopefully we can get together now that he is around here.

There was a fight in the dodge-ball pit.

--

Sunday after the meetings we went to Quizno's and I chomped down on a piece of ice and my molar broke.

Life.

We went to D.Z.'s memorial service. It was really sad.

I was thinking about the resurrection and how wonderful it would be to be able to raise people from the dead. What a joy! There's greater happiness in giving the receiving. How I wish I could bring them back!

No comments: