Saturday, February 11, 2006

There and Back Again

We had our return flight today in the afternoon and it is good to be home. I missed associating with my friends quite a bit so it was excellent to jump right back in with a nice discussion on Galatians today. Galatians 2:6-9 gave me something to think about, how as sons of Abraham we are needing to imitate the faith of Abraham. I don't feel that I given enough attention to the example of Abraham.

Our trip was nice. The weather was usually chilly in the morning but pleasant in the afternoon. At first seven days seemed a bit drawn out but as the week progressed our touring pace dropped to more a relaxing jaunt. Highlights for me included an excellent dinner at California Grill, drinking and eating 'round the world at Epcot, and riding Expedition Everest at the Animal Kingdom over and over and over and over again.

California Grill is billed as market cuisine and I'm still unsure about what that means. They had a brand new menu when we went on Wednesday. We started the meal with cocktails while we ate the Quadruple Cheese Flat Bread with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Basil Pesto. For the first course Rebekah had Roasted Pumpkin Soup with pumpkin seed pesto and spiced creme fraiche. I don't really like pumpkin but I thought that it was pretty nice and little sweet. I ordered the usual sushi sampler as my first course. As always California Grill had great sushi. For the main course Rebekah got the Oak-fired Beef Filet with Potato and Gorgonzola Pave, Blue Lake beans, and Tamarind Barbecue Sauce. I ordered the Black Grouper with olive oil wrapped potatoes, piperade, merguez sausage and crispy rock shrimp. My grouper was crispy and excellent - all good except for the sausage, it was way too spicy and overpowering for how delicate the fish was. For desert we split Heirloom Apple Tart - Braeburn Apple and Brown Butter Tart - with autumn spiced-apple cider ice cream and caramel sauce. We were able to watch fireworks while dined which is always an added bonus.

Photo pictorial is forthcoming ...

No comments: