Thursday, February 02, 2006

Sick as a dog but looking forward to vacation.

Tuesday night I started getting a runny nose which I initially chaulked up to allergies. Then Wednesday it got worse which tells me I have a cold. Today I woke up and I was congested. That usually means I'm on the mend. So hopefully I will be well when our vacation starts on Saturday. I just hope that I haven't passed anything on to Rebekah or Mina.

Rebekah and I will be going on vacation on Saturday. It has been somewhat of a last minute affair - usually we plan months in advance. These past few weeks have been a lot of scrapping by money-wise in order to make it. Of course I'm looking forward to going on vacation but secretly I have mixed feelings. Like I feel as if I'm trying to squeeze out one last hurrah before the world ends. But it is difficult and stressful to live always in panic mode and I hope I can be forgiven for desiring to get a week's relief. Maybe?

So we are going on vacation and in preperation I'm doing one of my favorite things in the world - Making T-Shirts. Rebekah lamented the fact that she would never find a "Carousel of Progress" t-shirt so I decided that I would try to make her one. Unfortunately I could only find a really grainy image of the ride poster I wanted to use so I decided to try to draw a copy of the poster in Illustrator. I was quite pleased with how it turned out. You can take a look at the copy on my art blog. Not a perfect replica by any means but close enough.

Work has been rough because our NAS server is broken. It kept freezing up during backups and then pretty much everything else. I thought I might try to reinstall everything back to the factory settings. The difficulty is that this device does not have a CD-ROM drive. We had to do a factory reinstall over the network which was a long drawn out convoluted process. I spent all day on the phone with Pat from Dell. We got the server back up and running and I was happy; but my happiness didn't last long. The server started freezing up again so the assumption now is that it is hardware related. So today Dell is sending out a technician with pretty much a replacement part for everything because no one has any ideas as to what is wrong with it. Fun stuff to do right before a vacation when you are already trying to catch up on everything else.

--

While doing research on Nimrod and Babel I happened to run across a web site that literally made me step back and say, "Whoa!". I had thought that the term "paradise earth" was exclusively used by JWs to describe the coming new earth. However it is also used by fomer UN assistant secretary general Robert Mullar to describe his concept of a future world united under a world government like the UN (United Nations) and an interfaith religion like the URI (United Religions Iniaitive). You can read more about his goals at one of his web-sites, www.paradiseearth.us. It almost seems like Satan's objective in the final part of the days is to set up a counterfeit kingdom and faux paradise earth. Time will tell. Regardless, we must be absolutely vigilant and not be deceived, no matter how desirable or good that any such counterfeit kingdom may seem to be. (Genesis 3:6) The real paradise earth will not come from human governments but from Jesus and the Kingdom of God.

Scriptures to consider:

Psalms 146:3 "Do not put YOUR trust in nobles, Nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs."

John 18:36 "Jesus answered: “My kingdom is no part of this world. If my kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be delivered up to the Jews. But, as it is, my kingdom is not from this source."

1 Thessalonians 5:3 "Whenever it is that they are saying: “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly upon them just as the pang of distress upon a pregnant woman; and they will by no means escape."

No comments: