Wednesday, July 28, 2004

27

I've really been down since last night when it occured to me that I am 27 years old. That may sound silly but I kind of repress the notion of my age in attempt to cover the pain. However for some reason I was thinking about the marathon and how it would be cool that I ran 26 miles while being 26. Then I realised that I wasn't 26, but 27. Furthermore, I realised that when I run the race I won't even be 27, but 28. So this was a downward spiral of self-hate.

I'm frustrated with my grocery store. Yesterday I was craving pasta and had this really great recipe for a dish only to go shopping and the store didn't have key ingredients. So I ended up grabbing a jar of spaghetti sauce and some noodles. Not very good. Especially when I was wanting a cream sauce with sun dried tomatoes and pancetta bacon.

I'm frustrated with everything right now. The only bright spot is pop music.

I'm sorry this is all venom and vile. Hopefully I'll have something positive for next time.

No comments: