Tuesday, July 27, 2004

One Mile

One mile.

Today I managed to haul myself out of bed and renew my running routine. I expected the worse. I expected that I would set out and it would be like starting all over again. I expected that I would be huffing and puffing my the end of the block. My expectations were wrong.

For the first time I ever I ran a mile straight through without having to drop to the occasional walk to catch my breath or rest. When I started running that was my goal. So I feel really good about that.

The plan now is to spend August running 4 days a week, 3 miles a day (total 12 miles a week). The goal is to get where I can run the three miles without stopping, even if I'm at a slow pace.

September I start my marathon training. My sister sent me a book The Non Runner's Marathon Trainer. I started reading it last night to try to gain some motivation and found that it was actually a pretty good book that fit my goals. That is to simply finish the race no matter what place that finish is in. My race is January 9, 2005.

So that is one month of warm up and four months training and then death before dishonor. Rah! Bring on the carbs!

No comments: