Thursday, May 06, 2004

Running

blaze. the sun is blazing down. it's sad but we've skipped spring another year.

The ring and the pulse of the indiglo from my new Timex woke me up at 5:15am in the morning. I lay there in bed debating getting up, afterall it was a good hour earlier than my usual wake up call. But I talked myself into getting out, sliding into my trainers, and out the door. I hit the asphalt and did my scheduled 3 mile sleep walk/run which in my out-of-shape-langour took a good 45 minutes.

I'm glad I did because the sun would kill me if I did it now after work.

No pain ---> no gain ---> no game ---> It's my first exercise program.

Jeanette Winterson's published her new book, Lighthousekeeping, in the Uk. I'll be ordering it because I don't think that I can wait for the 2005 US release. I need a good book right now.

I'm tired . . . much too tired.

The best part about running is peeping in windows when I go by them. Maybe I have voyeuristic tendencies but nothing draws my interest like a wide open window and people inside. It's like an aquarium, just with people.

Oliver the Humanzee is just downright creepy.

No comments: