Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Arbitrary Thoughts

Rebekah's always good for an interesting thought now and again. She was talking about how white trash people have a similar look that goes far beyond mullets and acid wash jeans. She believes that their skeletal structures are similar. She talks about such things as eye shape and placement and stubbiness of fingers. She theorizes that even when a person gets the glamour treatment that can't shake the "white trash" look they were born with and goes on to site Sheryl Crow as an example. I don't guess that it is too far fetched. If over time enough people breed within a select group they'll start developing characteristics that are unique to that group. That's how we got all the "races" in the first place. And if you mix the degenerative effects of alcohol and drug use during pregnancy you seal the deal.

--

Belle and Sebastian are coming to St. Louis in November ... on a meeting night ...

--

Mina wants to go on a picnic. Once upon a time I would say "no problem" and grab a ratty old blanket and a plastic grocery sack full of cold cut sandwhiches and go to the park. However that "Queer Eye" show has me convinced that I need a picnic basket and picnic china if I want to call myself a man.

--

The company I work for just secured a 3 million dollar contract. If there was ever a time to try to get a raise it's now.

--

Recently I've heard several people mispronouncing bestiality. It's "best" not "beast", people! Another commonly mispronounced word is menstruation. It's "menstrOOation" and not "menstration". And don't even get me started on "propitiatory". 99.9% of all JW's butcher that word.

No comments: