Sunday, September 21, 2003

Family Reunion

I went out in service Saturday with a Benadryl hangover. My year-long allergies start to perk up upon the onset of fall so I spend most of the autumn months in an antihistamine haze. We were working in the nice, new suburban neighborhood (of the we already have our paradise right here we don't need yours, thank you, variety) and along the road I saw a paper grocery bag filled with dead birds. Weird and eerie.

Afterward I ran home at noon to go to Rebekah's grandmother's house for their annual reunion. Needless to say these are generally a waste of Saturday. But, it's important to Rebekah so I go along. Her family is not very sociable. No one talks to each other. It's basically just sit around and drink beer, eat dinner, sit around and drink, build a bonfire, sit around and drink beer.



They rolled out the Sponge Bob pinata which I allowed Mina to beat with a clean conscience after reading that new Awake article. Rebekah's Mom butchered the cartoon characters name and kept calling him "Sponge Job".



I relax with beer #2 on the hammock.



This is Rebekah's cousin Tony with his two kids and his friend Krista.



Mina's feet at the end of the day.

No comments: