Monday, September 15, 2003

Graduation Party

Lacey had her graduation party at Hartford park. I made a Potato and Chorizo Egg Custard with New Mexican Chile Sauce which is the only thing remotely "potluck" that I know how to make. I avoided all cookies like the plague not wanting a repeat of last weekend. I played some bocce until the brothers broke off for baseball so I retreated to a remote area of the park with my laptop and did some writing and editing on my novel. My father-in-law bought me a new cowboy hat after listening to me bemoan the loss of my original one some years ago. So I've been sporting it again new depression style. All the young boys had their skateboards out. Fresh off a viewing of "Dogtown and Z Boys" I grabbed one and tried to emulate those 1970's skate moves just about breaking my wrist in the process.

The whole day was kind of a downer because the band was supposed to playing until we couldn't get approval. It suckes to practice and practice and not be able to do anything. I talked to Brandon about renting the Wood River Round House for a night so that we could play before we start getting rusty again. I've been wanting to rent it anyway to have a dance party so I guess I'll just combine the two and do something in October. I might check around and see if Mikey Ramono wants to do a DJ set and then I could do one and then Mostly Minus could play. Rebekah can work the NA drink bar. It could be fun...but I always worry that some kid will do something stupid and their parents will get all hot at me because it's my event. I don't really know any of the kids around here to know who to invite so I'll end up just relying on giving the girls in my hall some invitations and telling them to pass them out as they see fit. That's scary.

No comments: