Friday, September 19, 2003

Updates and Mic Hass

So we figured out the deal on the peanut incident. The cookie I ate was a chocolate cookie with chocolate icing. However when the sister made the icing she put a spoonful of peanut butter in with the icing. It was hidden and concealed. So when I took the initial bite the levels were too low to alert my peanut sense. It was only after I ate the entire cookie did the levels accumulate and throw my system into a frenzy. So now all my archenemies that read this know how to kill me.

Last night at the meeting I'm dozing because I couldn't find my Circuit Assembly notes so I really have nothing to contribute to the last part. So in a stupor I barely hear them announce my name for concluding prayer. This was a surprise. Usually I check the schedule and know about it weeks in advance; but this one slipped by me. My heart starts beating frantically and I spend the song trying to calm my nerves. I walk up and give a quick prayer thanking Jehovah for his creations and just barely get through it.

I caught the Folksmen on Comedy Central's repeat of Conan O’Brien yesterday evening. I like how they kept up the continuity of the the Mighty Wind movie going. The bass player was still dressed as a woman like the movie left off. After they played a song Conan did a brief interview with them. They stayed in character and Conan was tripping up trying to talk to them. It was the most awkward interview. Mighty Wind comes out on DVD in a few days and I will definitely be buying it. If it is anything like Guffman or Best in Show it will keep getting funnier with each viewing. (Waiting for Guffman is still the champ in my book.)

I woke up today and fired up the Mac and had six Spam e-mails containing the new "Swen" worm. Since my Mac is immune to such nasties I simply deleted the annoying e-mail messages. However, I started worrying about my network at work.

Television news is almost too comical at times. I watched it just a bit while waiting for the Simpsons to come on. It was ridiculous to see all these news reporters standing in the middle of some hurricane getting blown all over the screen and wind whipped and soaking wet. It's so over-the-top but I guess it makes for exciting TV or something.

No comments: