Monday, July 21, 2003

Athens Circa '99

I just got done recording with one of the friends a new song called "Athens Circa '99". I'm pretty pleased with the results, it's sort of electro-clash meets punk meets spoken word via cheap guitar, bass, toy keyboard, and drum machine. Post-Rap? The only downside was trying to work with/around his 4-track recorder. Yeah it's great for quick and dirty, live to tape demos but for final production it is so lacking. I'm so envious of the Witness bands/group up North, they all have unbelievably sharp production values--lo or hi fi. I really need to figure out how to do computer recording. Among other things I could fire off an .mp3 and negate the need for this posting. Props to ladytron and Black Box Recorder who I stole liberally from, thematically if not in context. I can go to sleep happy. --

No comments: