Sunday, July 06, 2003

Moving

It's final I'm moving.
"When?"
That remains to be seen.
"Where?"
That remains to be seen.
"What do you know?"
That I'm moving.
"How do you know you're moving?"
Because, I've begun readying the house for sale.
"Readying?"
You know, fixing all those little things that you've just lived with. Cutting the weeds. Taking the old junk car to the parts lot.
"Why are you moving?"
Because taxes keep going up. Because strange people are moving in around me. Because I want to create.
"What does creating have to do with moving?"
We are who we are where we are.
"Is that Descarte?"
No it's me.
"And who are you?"
Right now? I'm burned/bummed out. I'm ready to go back home.
"But aren't you home? You've stayed put in the same 15 mile radius you grew up in."
True, but I realised that this isn't really my home. I shouldn't have grown up here.
"But you did. It's home."
Home is where the heart is.
"Where's your heart then?"
Where I'm moving.

No comments: