Monday, July 28, 2003

Star Wars Costume

I've been putting some thought into my costume for opening day of Star Wars Episode III. It's on these special occasions that I'm unapolegitically geeky. The image above is from opening night of Attack of the Clones. I went as the Death Star, my friend as an impaled Tusken Raider, and another friend as a podracer w/ pod. My Death Star mask took a weeks worth of sweat, wall paper paste, and 1984-1986 back issues of the Awake. (They were going in the recycle bin anyway. Don't hate me.)

So the idea for Episode III is to go out with a bang. I want to do something so extreme, so ridiculous that it destroys all previous efforts. I want to do something so huge that I would have a hard time getting in through the theatre doorway. I want to walk in and have people say, "I know he didn't". Why? There's probably a personality flaw in there somewhere; but, I don't have the time to go suss in out in therepy.

The front runner is the two-man At-At, provided I can find a friend willing to back me up (pun intended, sorry). The other option is Luke in Bacta Tank from the Empire Strikes Back.

No comments: