Monday, July 14, 2003

Bocce Novel Google

Yesterday, we had a good old-fashioned congregation picnic at the park. I came ready to leave but Brandon brought his bocce set. So while the rest of the crowd either played softball or stood around singing kingdom songs, Brandon and I hurled concrete balls down a field. It's a simple, soothing game.


I'm nearing the 60,000 word point of my novel. I assumed that I would have to stretch to reach 60k and that once there I would be pretty much finished. Now that I'm close, I realise that I'm not really close at all. The end keeps getting pushed further and further by each unexpected character development. It makes for an interesting story but a very frustrated author. I just want the book to end so that I can move on to other, gentler stories. This novel is such a huge emotional drain that writing feels like throwing up half the time.


If you type my name into Google, it brings up this phrase as the 2nd result: "Keep up the good work. Anthony Mathenia armathenia@charter.net offensive art. " The elders in our hall have been known to type publishers names into search engines or Yahoo! personals to catch them in wrongdoing. I'll have to watch out.

No comments: