Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Peppers

I had some chipoltle peppers leftover from my meatballs so I marinated chicken breasts in them. Last night I attempted fajitas with the chicken. I usually add onion and red bell pepper. But, since I only had an onion I had to improvise. I substituted red chilis for the missing red bells. If you check the Scoville heat scale you see what a terrible substitution this. The fajitas were hot. Not just burn your mouth hot; but, puke your guts out and scald your esophagus in the process hot.

Today a coworker brought in some peppers that he called "pepper peckers". He was only being mildly obscene. There proper botanical name is "penis pepper". They get the name from their uncanny resemblance to the male phallis. They are supposed to be pretty good. I might attempt a salsa or something with them and see what happens.

--

Last night Brandon came over and we started working on a new song, "video vertigo". I liked the title of one my journal entries I decided to incorporate it in a song. It's funny how many songs develop from a cool title. I've been waiting for my opportunity to incorporate the Konami code into a song and the time has come. I might even name-drop Justin Bailey.

With Brandon's approval I put another song up on 6a2. It's called album filler...er...rather...Dividing Sight. The song isn't that great but I love Brandon's vocals and (starts patting his own back) my guitar outro is awesome! I don't know how in the world I did it. I was just screwing around and somehow it came out. I doubt I could duplicate it.

No comments: