Saturday, November 29, 2003

Winter Blah

The other day I stepped outside and was greeted by falling thermometer followed by falling snow flakes followed by falling mood. I want to be like a bear and hibernate all winter. I want to tuck into a nice warm spot and wake when the weather improves. Humans weren't made to scratch around in the snow.

So I almost, almost, bought a turkey last week but then chickened out. It was too much of an undertaking to try and attempt to cook it despite the low prices. Almost.

Tonight I saw Derek and Rikki again for this first time in a year. They are up visiting from Atlanta. I spent so much time with Derek when he was around but I sit there tonight not having much to say. Then again our whole relationship revolved around computer coding so we have nothing really substantial to talk about. So we chatted about SQL Server and bored each other silly.

This morning we went out in service with Tom Davis and he told us that Alicia had just had a baby. I don't think about it too often but I really miss her sometimes. We used to fight all the time. But even though she pisses me off I have a love for her. I wrote a downer screenplay about her but am waiting for the happy sequel where everything works out.

No comments: