Sunday, November 30, 2003

Poker Face

Rebekah and I got invited to one of those Witness-Christmas-Eve-Parties. I should clarify: This party not involve any of the traditional elements. No sing-song carols. No chestnuts on an open fire. No egg-nog. It's one of those everyone is off work the next day (and no one is going out in service or to the meeting the next morning) so let's get together and stay up super late. To further seperate this from a Christmas Eve celebration they have added a poker tournament. Not lose your money or clothes poker but compete for prizes and hope you're not stumbling a recovering gambling addict in the process poker. Because, afterall nothing says "seperate from the world" like a Texas Holdem tournament.

I'm dragging. I don't feel like work in the morning. Having a day off really makes you hate work. I usually come off my week vacations ready to retire. And speaking of which it looks we are doing the Disney thing again this year. We decided to invite Rebekah's parents since now that her dad is reinstated we haven't really done anything with them. It seemed like a nice thought at the time but it quickly turning into a major hassle. Rebekah's mom is so fly-by-night that it is annoying. We need to have everything confirmed and we're still at the planning stages.

But I've already got my plans confirmed. While Rebekah goes Disney lapel pin hunting and Mina chases after character autographs I'm gonna see how many pictures of cute Japanese girl tourists that I can snap. I have Rebekah's blessing because she shares my fetish to a certain extent. "Sumimasen Ga. Fotoo Kudasai."

I really, really like this new song we came up with called Dial Tone. To quote N/A, "the way to move a room is a direct X plugin known as the antares autotune".
Agreed. Agreed. Agreed.

The only other random thought I had today was that I hate commerce. The world tends to hold our capitalist government on a pedestal but I fear it is ready to collapse. The system just isn't working (no surprise) . Fortunately I haven't bought into it. I'm really looking forward to a theocracy even if I can't see it.

No comments: