Tuesday, December 09, 2003

2% or Whole?

I spent last night adding two electric outlets to the band room in preperation for the addition of more amplifiers. It seemed simple enough on the onset but I had to deal with the legacy left behind by the last homeowner who I refer sarcastically to as "Super Electrician".

The house is wired like a maze. If you turn off one circuit it'll shut off the bedroom clock, the kitchen refrigerator, the north wall of the living room, and the bathroom light. It really needs to be ripped at started from scratch but I know it'll cost a fortune so I continue to put it off.

Needless to say it was a major hassle but something that I needed to get done in preparation for band practice tomororow. Brandon's sister Erin has moved back in town and she wants to come over and work on some songs for her band. (I'm adamantly not joining another band. I'll run the mixer and Adobe Audition but that's it. I will not pick up my guitar.)

So I don't mind them using my space. I just have to keep drinks stocked. Which got me thinking about something. You know when you go over to someone's house and they offer you something to drink? You reply, "Yes, what have you got?" And then they list, "Diet Soda, Water, Iced Tea, Milk". Everyone always lists milk but when does anyone take them up on it? "I would love a nice tall glass of 2%" doesn't not come out of your mouth. You are not Beaver Cleaver.

No comments: