Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Ephedra

CNN is reporting that the government will be taking steps to ban Ephedra. With obesity reaching epidemic portions in the US one would think that the government would start giving away the drug to its citizens.

Brandon came over last night. He was bummed out because his brother just got disfellowshipped. That wave of problems among the youth in my congregation was pretty widespread. Most of the congregations in our circuit were touched by it. Some lost quite a few teens. The odd thing was that all the problems were unrelated. I guess when one kid tells on themselves it sets off a weird chain-reaction where they all start telling on themselves and their friends. I felt bad for Brandon but I don't know how to be compassionate. I really didn't know what to say so I let Rebekah do the talking. She's my sensitive side.

The good news is that the MicroKorg worked great! I bought a midi cable and linked it to the drum machine. I hit a button and watched as new song miraculously appeared out of the circuits. Wild! The new combo-organ still needs to be tweaked. It's in great cosmetic shape but it has its problems. I'm going to drop by Radioshack and buy a soldering iron and some capacitors and see what I do. I'm nervous about it....

No comments: