Friday, December 26, 2003

all in

Rebekah and I made it to the winner's table at the poker tournament; however, our stay there was relatively short. In truth she lasted longer than me. I went "all-in" on a pocket-aces with a potential flush and lost to Nathan on the draw to a three-of-a-kind. It was a fun night and the food was plentiful and delicious.

Christmas day we lounged about the house recovering from the previous all-nighter. Eventually we woke, fired up iCal and began plotting our Walt Disney World vacation hour by hour. Because to get the most out of your Disney trip you have to attack in army style. At 1400 hours we'll meet at Space Mountain. At 1445 we should be crossing over into Fronteirland.

I made Rebekah talk to her Mom about one small issue for the trip. There shall be absolutely, positively NO fanny-packs of any kind. I heard that she took the news well enough but I still consider stealing hers just in case.

In other news my search for a Yamaha YC-45D organ is puttering along. I got a couple responses but unfortunately they were in far-off places where shipping would kill me; Fresno, CA and somewhere in Canada above Seattle. I'm hoping now that Christmas is out of the way I'll get some more leads. Until then I'm stuck using the "cheesy organ" setting on the Alpha Juno.

No comments: