Sunday, December 21, 2003

Jeans

For full effect of this blog entry download Ladytron's song "Blue Jeans" and play in the background as you read this.

Today Rebekah and I went shopping again. I've been needing a pair of jeans and Mina some dresses. Express was having a $20 off sale on jeans so I grabbed every affordable style they had there in attempt to find something suitable and headed to the changing rooms.

Much to my dissapointment it just wasn't working. The jeans were either too wide in the legs or loose in the seat or just plain ugly. We left and were walking through the crowded mall and I was lamenting how I can never find decent looking jeans when this guy passes with a great looking pair that caught both of our eyes. Rebekah said, "I wonder where he got them." I suggested they were probably from some boutique shop for $300.00 a pair. Rebekah said she would go ask him.

I stayed behind but their conversation went something like this.

Rebekah: "Excuse me."
Dood: "Yes."
Rebekah: "Can I ask you where you got those jeans?"
Dood: "Gap."
Rebekah: "Really, which style are they?"
Dood: "Well actually they're from Gap Women."

Now, this is kind of funny because mere minutes earlier Rebekah had just been telling me that I should get girl jeans and I laughed at her. But then this guy validates her thought completely. So I'm desperate and game so we head to the lady's Gap and then lady's Express.

Flash-forward to a couple awkward changing room experiences and I learn something new about myself. I'm a Gap Size 6-Ankle and a Express Size 8-Short. And oh yes, I did find a great pair of jeans.

No comments: