Wednesday, August 06, 2003

Concerts

So last night I came within inches of skipping out on the book study to go see Liz Phair. (What a terrible, terrible sentence.) But just as I was ready to commit that terrible travesty the show sold out. Last year I was offered tickets to go see Allison Krauss (one of my guilty pleasures.) but I refused because the show was the night of the book study. I must be slipping.

But that's OK that I missed Liz Phair. There are a ton of great shows it seems coming up. First and foremost THROWING MUSES this weekend at the Abbey Pub in Chicago. My boss gave me his VIP tickets to Radiohead in a couple of week and Steve Malkmus is opening up. (What a coincidence practically the only two guy singers I like are touring together.) Then in September it was announced that the Aisler's Set will be touring with Yo La Tengo. (The Aisler's Set being one of my new favorites.) Then Julianna Hatfield & Some Girls will be starting their tour. They haven't announced an STL date yet. If they don't I might try to catch them in Madison, WI where my sister lives. Then Kristin Hersh should be starting her solo tour.

In other more important goings on the gap between true and false religion is widening or at least becoming more visible.

No comments: