Sunday, August 17, 2003

Weekend Related Things

I swear it must have been 90 degrees when I woke up in the morning Saturday. I rallied the troops and we headed out in field service. Nothing too fruitful came out of the morning except that Richard offered to loan me his copy of Seven Samurai.

After service Brandon came over we started working on our new song. I had already had a nice 909 beat with a 303 bass line I had worked up so it didn't take long for me and Brandon to add guitar and keyboard tracks. Topped off with a sample swiped from Kristin Hersh it seems nice. One more vocal session and it should be done.

Rebekah and I watched Seven Samurai in its entirety. I do mean "entirety". The film was over three hours long with a 20-minute intermission.

Went to sleep satisfied...

And today? Not much. Went to the meeting. The guest speaker was from a rural congregation so he had all these redneck illustrations that flew over our heads. "Now of course we all like our possessions. But if we had to choose between our four-wheelers and fishing boats or the truth, what would we pick?" He was a lively, good ole' boy that kept a nice pace and me from dozing. What more could I ask for?

Afterward we went grocery shopping for the week. Came home grilled some burgers. Played around with T-Racks.

No comments: