Sunday, August 10, 2003

I Loathe the 80's

First off on band names. Monocle was already taken so I tried Narwhale which was already being used so I settled on SixAfterTwo or 6a2 or 2:06 or whatever for me and brandon's little songs because I already had this domain name. So we were supposed to record our new song tentatively titled "Vincent" last night but the drummer of the rock band we are in decided he could play for the first time in 3 weeks. Plans changed much to my regret.

Playing loud obnoxious male rock music is fun but it is not fullfilling. I go home feeling soiled. The lead (and I do mean LEAD) guitar player was showing off his new guitar which he remarked was very "Pantera". So we bounced through some sloppy renditions of the songs on our setlist and spend time learning a new original (very Blink 182) and a cover of "Send the Pain Below" by a band called Cheffelle or something.

The best part of the evenings are just sitting around and chatting with guys something I rarely do any more since my friends of old have left. We were talking about how 80's style is making a comeback. The hair. Outlandish colours. Brandon even mentioned that he saw acid washed pants with elastic leg and waste bands in a catalog a young sister had. I hate 80's fashion I hope it's a brief fad.

No comments: