Tuesday, August 26, 2003

More Pop

As a bit of continuation from my last posting: Last night I was in a bad mood so I started taking it out on my guitar. I cranked the gain up on the amp and was hammering away to this super-goth-beat I had made up. And the weirdest thing happened. By the time I was done for the night I had the basis for the pop song that was eluding me. Do you know how some annoying songs stick in your head? Well that's how this was. I was trying to sleep and the chorus to my song was on infinite loop inside my brain.

baby I wanna dance.
baby I wanna dance
baby I wanna dance
because this is a pop song

The lyrics are deliciously inane I can't wait to see how the song turns out. So that's the whole trick then to writing top-40 music. The ironic twist. You have to be angry and mad at the world to write cheery, bubblegum anthems.

No comments: