Friday, August 29, 2003

Random, Inexplicable Hatred

I was stopping to think last night about just how I could develop a downright fear and loathing of the colour purple. I'm not talking about the book or the film (which I kind of like) but the actual colour. I cannot stand it. And not in the sense of simply not liking the color or prefering others but downright hating it. If you look around my house you will not see one purple item. I wouldn't even buy my daughter a purple bicycle. I love red and blue but I'm fundamentally opposed to their integration. I'd tried to trace it back and the only thing I could come to was a bad experience with grape bubblegum getting stuck to my shoe. I don't know. It's just hard to fathom why I should hate a color. It makes absolutely no sense. And even though I cannot admit to it as being stupid I could not change it if I wanted to.

No comments: