Saturday, January 24, 2004

six

The other day at the meeting the most remarkable thing happened. I was able to button my jacket!
It all boils down to the usual pre-trip regime. Losing weight is high priority. Not enough weight; but enough to feel good.

Getting the perfect mix-cd ready for the drive. If I had iPod I could delete this step ... but I don't ... so I do. Peppy-perfect driving songs are selected with liberal doses of show tunes for sing-a-longs. This includes Hair and Hedwig. Belle and Sebastian get chucked in as well. Close enough to show tunes to merit singing in four part harmony with Scottish lisps.

Checking the extended (unreliable) four cast for the destination and trying to divine sense from it. One day it shows rain all day and the next time I check it shows sunshine and the next time I check it shows snows.

Reading, reading, and rereading my Frommer's travel guide - just in case I missed something the first twelve times. This is accompanied by canceling and making reservations for dinners when something new strikes my fancy.

Psyching myself up to go on the 120-foot high water slide that drops you down at 60mph. I have two big phobias heights and speed, to overcome.

No comments: