Monday, January 19, 2004

stranded

For the last year our windshield wipers have been on and off. Finally they shut completely off as the motor coughed up its last breath. On Saturday I found myself rained in all day without wipers. This was compounded by an empty refrigerator. It's bad when you are considering soy sauce and stale triscuits as a lunch. Eventually we broke down and ordered an overpriced pizza from pizza hut. So this week we'll have to find the time and the cash for the $240 (yes, two-hundred and fourty dollars!) windshield wiper motor.

Rebekah and I worked on a new 6a2 song on Sunday. I think I'm in love, with Rebekah and the song. I joke about liking pop divas - Mandy, Christina, Avril. There is an element of truth in it. I can appreciate a well crafted pop song. Junk food is satisfying, is it not? Well the new song we are working on captures that spirit. It's not a perfect carbon-copy but close. The verse starts out as 80's synth pop - depeche mode but then the chorus kicks in and it launches straight into 90's teen girl pop music. It's so delicious.

This week and next will be a slow, agonizing countdown to vacation. I just need to keep busy . . .

No comments: