Sunday, October 19, 2003

If its tangy and brown you're in cider town

Friday - I finally got the diagnosis handed down.. Hiatal Hernia. Nothing too bad. My options are:

1.) Ignore it...
2.) Treat it with medicine...
3.) Fix it with surgery

I'm going with number 1, since it isn't too bad. Everything seems to looking up finally. I'm having movements but the colour is off. (taupe)

Saturday - Went apple picking. Boring. I got clocked in the head with some apples and nearly busted my lip. Alas I did not have some Newton epithany when it happened--I only felt pain. Rebekah thought it was funny.

At the riverfront they were having this frontier thing festival. It was so disgusting. Everywhere I looked there was some hairy, pimply butt cheek poking out of some fat guy's buckskin loin cloth. The dumb part was that it was frontier times so I understood the cowboys and indians. But there were dudes running around with kilts on. I think I even saw a pirate and a gypsie. But even in the frontier times white trash is still white trash. Hoosier's were pouring Bud-light into pottery jugs to add a level of authenticity to their drunken revelry.

When I got home I tried to get a hold of someone to go out to a show with me but I didn't. I went ahead and went to the Rocket Bar in St. Louis by my lonesome. Since I was going to be a loner I decided to try to dress to impress so I wouldn't look like too much of a loser. So I put on my vintage corduroy cowboy shirt with the pearl snap buttons. Bad move! It is polyester and as we learn on Queer Eye it doesn't breathe. I was suffocating the whole night. I almost broke down and bought a band t-shirt to change into. I didn't because I hate it when people are wearing the band t-shirt, especially when they just bought it. So I suffered in silence.

I Am The World Trade Center - Interesting. The guy had a Roland 808 and he just hit a button for each song. That was the extent of the playing. After that it was just jumping around on the stage and singing through a vocoder. The girl played the tamberine and danced and sang. It was dance music so I danced.

The Thermals - Not my kind of music but they weren't bad. Probably better live than on CD. While they were playing I hung out by the entrance to catch the breeze coming in and try to cool down.

Mates of State - Pretty good. I definately could see buying their CD down the line. The gal had this awesome organ, yamaha yc 45-d. It sounded so good. The songs were interesting and nice. With just an organ and a drumkit it could get old really fast but they kept a nice pace and changed it up quite a bit. Neither one of them had an exceptional voice but they sung together sweetly.

No comments: