Sunday, October 05, 2003

Bling, Bling

"When the money keeps rolling in you don't ask why." - Evita

We got a couple of rebate checks in the mail at the beginning of last week for some paint purchases last spring. It was nothing special, just twelve bucks. But it was unexpected so it was neat and ended up being an omen.

a bit later Rebekah found work and I got a raise. All in the same week! We've been on a budget forever and always living check to check with just a little bit left over for extra things. And by extra things I mean a new CD or book every now again, nothing extravagant.

It'll be weird to have extra money each week. Extra money that is not tied to bills. Extra money to just blow. I've made more money before and it seems like we just ate out more. I'd really like to use the money for something more worthwhile because there is no telling how long it'll last.

Maybe a few home improvement projects. Perhaps some new furnishings. New clothes? So many possibilities. Maybe we'll just save it for the big expensive Tokyo trip I've never been able to do yet. I don't know. For some reason I'm not materialistic so I have trouble picturing what we could buy. We've been strapped for cash for so long I don't even know.

But first things are first... take care of debt. We owe the other half of our property taxes and then we owe my mother-in-law for some money we borrowed from her. Then we have to pay off the remaining balance on our upcoming vacation package but after that....

No comments: