Friday, October 31, 2003

Two Publishers

There was this weird guy at our hall, John Lynch, that had recently become a publisher. It always bothered me that even though he was a publisher the friends never really dignified him by referring to him as "Brother" Lynch. Well last night they finally did so when they announced that Brother Lynch had died. I only really talked to him once. Out in service we talked about the director Ed Wood. John had thrown out some reference to Plan 9 From Outerspace and I picked up on it. He was surprised. I really don't mind death but it's kind of a bummer that he wasn't able to get baptized before he went.

And on to another publisher, Prince. If he is serious about the whole thing that's all well and good, no harm, no foul. If this is another "change your name to a symbol" type-stunt then...then what? I know some people get all excited when celebrities become Witnesses as if that adds a level of legitimacy to our religion. The bad thing is that in the truth there is no room for celebrity. These former-celebrities will have a hard enough time adjusting to being meek and mild without the friends giving them celebrity attention. (In retrospect I probably shouldn't even have wrote this.)

I can't believe it's Friday already!

No comments: