Thursday, October 30, 2003

Video Vertigo

I used to be a hardcore video-gamer. As a kid I have fond memories of getting a new game and playing it nearly 24 hours a day, not even stopping to eat, trying to negotiate a nintendo controller and bowl of cap'n crunch.

My video gaming has curtailed somewhat. I still buy the new systems but only tend to play with them when really exciting games come out--in a nutshell new installments of the Final Fantasy and Zelda series I loved as a youth.

And then there is Tony Hawk - Pro Skater. I love, love those games and when I saw the commercial for the latest installment Tony Hawk's Underground I knew I had to make a trip up to Blockbuster and check it out. I rented it and played it for an hour last night until motion sickness set in and my thumb felt like it was ready to fall off.

This morning we locked the keys in the house. I had to borrow a ladder and send Mina in through the tiny bathroom window. What an ordeal!

No comments: